Monday, June 1, 2009

Happy June!!!

National Running Day is Wednesday. www.runnerswrite.com has another great blog posted about the upcoming event, Georgia (the state, not me the blogger, gets a great shout out) I encourage any and all readers, yes all three of you, (I love you mom) to get out and run on Wednesday...

(Notice the smooth transtion) Speaking of getting out and running, Cubbie and I meet up on Sunday for our usual Sunday long run. We had alot to talk about so we got on the road quickly. She spent all day Saturday moving into her new "shack", so she was fairly tired. We mutually agreed beforehand to run 6 miles. Running from the clubhouse on Eisenhower to Lake Mayer, we did three laps around and then headed back. Even at 8:30 in the morning it was getting warm. As we rounded our way arounbd each loop, I would look forward to the stretch of the loop that was blanketed in shade. We ran in the opposite direction and it felt like a completely different course. The best part was the people watching. We saw all different types of runners and walkers, even a few people we knew. I am surprised by how many people are up and moving on a Sunday morning...To think, a few years ago I thought before who got up before noon were crazy. Now people around the office think I am crazy for signing up to run a marathon in Alaska. "Alaska?!~?! Why would you want to do that? Don't they have bears up there? I hope you can run fast..."

I look forward to the race, I really am most looking forward to the chance to spend the week with my brother and his family. Over the years my brother and I have fallen out of contact with each other. He lives in Alaska, I live in Georgia, it happens. This race has already put us back on track and it almost feels like it was yesterday we were running around Tampa trying to drink the entire town out of liquor. I am gratful he has asked me to do this with him and can't wait to meet my namesake, their new son. If you are reading this Dad, I'm sorry, we both know he named his son after me and not you. It will be okay, I am still named after you...P.S. hurry home.

Training schedule for the week:
Tuesday - 3 miles
Wednesday - National Running Day- 2-3 mile early morning run yikes...
Thursday - 4 miles
Saturday - 3 miles
Sunday - 10 miles (For real this time)

Good luck everyone...

No comments: