Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Hello Alaska!!!

I am sitting in the terminal in Anchorage waiting for my connecting flight to Fairbanks...Holy Crap it takes FOREVER to get to Alaska from beautiful Savannah, Jaw-juh...Seriously, I boarded a plane in Savannah at 7am, it is currently 12:00am Savannah time and I am still not in Fairbanks. I will arrive in Fairbanks at 5:30am Savannah time, traveling a total of 22 hours...

But it is so worth it!!!

The mountain's in Anchorage are awesome....the sun is setting right now and I cannot remember seeing a more beautiful site...We flew past Mount McKinley, pretty cool...Anywho, I get to meet my nephew for the first time in about five hours. I will be running my first marathon in three days....

One foot in front of the other, one step at a time.

2 comments:

Carolina John said...

holy crap that is awesome! Fly on thomas. soak in the whole experience. this is the only time you get to run your first marathon. Good luck brother!

Anne said...

Denali, Thomas! Nobody in Alaska calls it Mount McKinley ;-)

Glad you arrived. Yes, it's a long trip indeed, but you can't beat the scenery.