Monday, April 20, 2009

Boston

Greeting all, on this "holy" day for runners...Even when I was at my most out of shape, this day always held a special place in my heart. As a teenager, just starting to run, I knew several finishers. I always imagined myself training for and qualifying for the Boston Marathon. Of course at that time the furthest I had ever run was probably ten miles. Today, as I train for my first marathon, I have let myself dream a little bit and think about Boston 2011. I am older now and this year move into a new age bracket( I will be 35 in August, Yippee!) So, we are now looking at a 3:15 time to qualify...I do know that the Equinox will not be a qualifying race, but it will get me to the point of being able to cover the distance. Tybee 2010 will probably be too soon as it is only 5 months after my first marathon but there will be plenty of chances to find a fast, flat course to make an attempt at qualifying. After all, I only need a 7:24 pace to hit 3:15! LOL!

As for now, I will continue to focus on getting through today's run, one step at a time, one foot in front of the other.

No comments: