Friday, April 17, 2009

Just an easy four...

So I have begun running with a partner, we will call her Cubbie, to stay motivated and be accountable. We have run together four times in the last week. Initially I was very leery about running with Cubbie. "What if she's too slow? What if I'm too slow? What if she talks too much?" Shut up and run Thomas! So went went out and have done three, four mile runs and a three mile run. she is training for The Chicago Marathon, which is being held a month after my race. She broke the ice, "How do you feel about running with headphones?" I told her I didn't know the etiquette for running with headphones. We agreed that if we both had them in it would be okay. So we ran. Not too fast, not too slow. Then we started talking, just a little bit at first. Next thing you know we had run four miles. The easiest four miles I have run in a long time. We are planning some long runs together, and will follow a training program to get us through our marathons...Maybe this running partner thing won't be so bad after all. Well, until we start discussing baseball, but that is for another day.

No comments: