Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Last Minute Addition...

...to the race schedule.

18th Annual Hilton Head Bridge Run


I wasn't going to run this race but Cubbie talked me into it and, well, who doesn't like a free race? This will be like the anti-bridge, bridge run. Starts out with a flat two miles, then up onto a small rising bridge for another mile. Back down and around to finish a sort of out and back course.

I am looking forward to getting out there and testing the legs at this distance. My training runs over the last 2-3 weeks have been 3-5 miles at a mid 8 pace with a couple of 7 milers sprinkled in there. This race will go a long way to helping me determine my pacing for the Savannah Bridge Run 15K in December and The Duel in the Dunes.

Sitting here today I am calling for a 55 minute 10K so hopefully when I post the race recap I will not have to stamp it with a FAIL...

In other running related news...

I was out for my five miler last night and I was halfway through the run when I got to the park. Forsyth Park is is a hot spot for runners and walkers alike, it is usually busy no matter what time I am there. I have noticed a lot of people with their dogs lately and have had several near run-in's with absent minded dog owners. You know these types; iPod rocking, dog all the way out on the leash, taking up the whole path. I don't run with my dog because she is too much of a spaz and wants to eat all of the birds and squirrels. So, I can't understand the people who don't keep their beloved Fido close by and respect the other people using the path. Not everybody loves your 95 pound dog that is barreling down the path towards you. Oh, and the ankle biter's that think they are St. Bernard's, shorten their leashes too!

Sorry, didn't mean to rant but share the road buddy!!!

Good Luck to all the racers this weekend, especially those taking on B2B. CJ, good luck getting Jenny home; we are in double digit days until Tybee...One foot in front of the other; one step at a time.

9 comments:

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Pffftttt! You call that a rant?

THIS is a rant:

F*cking n*ts@ck-fondling f*cktarded f*ckers with their f*cking dog-f*cking dogs! They f*cking S*CK!1! And so does f*cking Carolina Cletus!1!

That last part is optional.

But not for me.

The Sean said...

dodging doggies is good agility training... though can be frusturating when you are shooting for some quality running.

Carolina John said...

Glaven Q. Dubmass can suck it.

Good luck on the 10k dude. 55 is within reach, but you're going to have to push it some. have fun with that.

Anne said...

Here we have dog parks specifically for those types of pets and their owners. When one misbehaves, we can point them to the dog run and pretend like we're looking for an authority.

Calyx Meredith said...

Thanks for the good wishes!!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

So ... come to my blog and taunt me over the Phillies' loss while the wounds are still fresh, eh?

You've made a powerful enemy today, Peachy Escargot.

Wait. Did I say "powerful"? I meant "powerless".

But I DO have the power to come here and write comments ridiculing and harassing you.

So ... not so powerless as you think, Pea. Esc.

Prepare to rue this day ...

P.S. Cletus is eloquent in his retort, as usual.

The Boring Runner said...

Ugggg, if I can add to your rant about people hogging up the path w/ their dog, nothing makes me MORE mad than people who hog the path walking 15 wide in a big group!

Arron said...

first, i wish we had some paths around my house to run on :). second mixing an ipod and big arse dog seems like trouble just waiting to happen (to someone else besides the owner that is). good luck racing!

Al's CL Reviews said...

I hate those retractable leashes. Great tripping devices. And they provide no boundaries for you as the Alpha!