Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Third Time's a Charm

The 6th Annual Sweetwater 50k!


It's that time! The annual running of Sweetwater 50k! I love this race; this is where it all began for me. I just re-read my 2010 & 2011 race reports and cannot wait to get back out there! Of course, the "Dumb & Dumber" of trail running will be taking their show on the road this year, as it will be Tommy's 2nd running of this awesome race.



Tom & I have really "clicked" lately and our running adventures have been pretty awesome. We ran PM40 together and then followed that up with Weymouth Woods 100k. I think the adventure that really cemented our friendship was tackling Laurel Valley together. After three quality runs in the last few months, we may actually go head to head next Saturday. That should be fun. We both know the course and what to expect, I may have a slight advantage with the recent hill work, but that SD has been putting some serious miles in the training bank lately and is ready to take out a 2nd mortgage.



The great thing about this course is that it has a way of keeping you honest. It will quickly expose any weakness and then slowly gnaw at it. For my part, I have great expectations, I'd like to best my time of 6:42 from last year. In a perfect world I can slip under 6:20. I'll say it. As long as I finish 0:00:01 faster than Mr. Black, it'll be a good day. Otherwise, it will be a long year...

All kidding aside, my favorite part of this race is the camaraderie! There is something about this trail and the runners from the area. Taking all of the GUTS runners and the DCRR Rogues and putting them on their "Home" course just makes for a great day. I really am looking forward to spending a day in the woods, finishing it off with a few burgers and cold beverages at the group pavillion!

Let's do this!

7 comments:

Kate Geisen said...

Good luck! Hope it's another great/grueling experience. :)

The Sean said...

Go get it!! 6:20 or bust!!!

ACS Admin said...

If I run this race right, you're going to be carrying me at the end. Just remember to drag me across, don't push me across! I'm pumped for this mutha!

ACS Admin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Psyche said...

Can't wait to hear the tale..:))

Carolina John said...

Good luck tomorrow bro! Have some fun out there. I'm still amazed at your barkley time.

Unknown said...

Clicking Here original site internet https://www.dolabuy.co their explanation www.dolabuy.co