Monday, November 29, 2010

Double Pumping...


...at The Savannah River Bridge Run.



It's that time of year, all of the locals and a few out of towners test their will against the quiet, but back breaking, Eugene Talmadge Memorial Bridge. There are three seperate offerings; the 5k, 10k and Double Pump. This will be my 7th overall bridge run, and for the second year in a row, I will be running both races - thus completing the "Double Pump" and earning my finisher's glass.

Last year, my combined time was 1:25:43, for an overall pace of 9:11 per mile. I ran the 5k in 27:27 (8:50 pace) & 10k in 58:16 (9:22). Currently, my steady state training runs are around 9 - 9:15's...So I am feeling really good about going well below last year's time. I am thinking 1:20 total time is a reasonable goal. McMillian says I should be able to run a 1:17 15k; 8:18 pace. There are a few differences in my training this year over last. Namely, all of the trails & hills I have been running in the last 3 months... Just these last two sunday's alone, I have been been doing a couple of 1.5 mile repeats up Kennesaw, with about 700' in climb. The best part is getting to run back down said hill!
Enough about me, my Sweetest Boo will also be tackling the bridge this year, completing her 3rd BR. Perk of the job, we finally get to stay at the hotel whereI used to work. The best part is the hotel is about a 1/4 mile from the starting line!!!!



We will have to leave the dudes at home...I hope they will get by...

9 comments:

Harold said...

Good luck! Is it weird that I enjoy running up and down bridges? heh...

Ginny M said...

I'm so jealous. Had planned on doing the Bridge Run this year (5K only!) but the plans fell through. Maybe next year. Have fun!!!

ajh said...

Love the idea of this. Have fun!

RockStarTri said...

Good luck with the up and over!

The Sean said...

It's been a year already?? Have a good time and good luck to Holly:)

The Boring Runner said...

Wow, I'm with Sean this does NOT seem like a year ago!

Gotta love the hotel perks!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Woo-hoo! Double pump! Sounds vaguely off-color. Which is good enough for me, in a pinch.

8:18 pace in a 15K? Woo-hoo!

Julie said...

Good luck with your bridge race! I love running over the bridges:) Savannah looks pretty this time of year. I really like that glass....just think, you get another one!

Take care Thomas!

Nitmos said...

So.....how did it go? Did you get double pumped?1?